Survive Thrive Stay Alive
Our On-Line School Store has a Full Line of Survival Products
Our Classes are a GREAT Family Experience
See Your Backyard as a Grocery Store!
Join one of our Edible & Medicinal Plant Spring...Summer...or Fall Classes
Survival Training - It's not learning how to weather the storm.... its learning how to dance in the rain!
Rediscover what your Grandparents knew on Canning, Wine and Cheese Making or Lye Soap Making
We are located in NE Ohio and classes are taught there as well as in surrounding states and across the country depending on the class.
Tom Laskowski founded Midwest Native Skills Institute Inc. in 1997 to provide a place for people to learn nearly lost art skills with small class sizes and individual instruction. He wanted to teach comprehensive wilderness survival/self-reliance, at affordable prices. All of our classes have hands-on instruction and we limit most classes to 15 people or less to help insure that people who attend our courses leave being competent with the skills they came to learn.
A safe, fun, educational, and quality experience is our priority. All classes at MNSI are taught by Tom and his instructors and not newly hired "summer helpers" .
What you need to know:
- We teach non-military Wilderness Survival techniques
- Physical fitness is not required to attend a class. 80% of "Survival" is the knowledge of what to do" and only 20% is physically doing it
- You will never be "put on the spot" or be embarrassed while learning the skills at class.
- Students learn at their own pace with individualized mentoring (or coaching) by our instructors.
- Cost of courses run between $60 for a day class to $295 for a weekend to $695 for a week class
100% Money Back Guarantee on your satisfaction on any course you take with us. We are that confident that we will meet your expectation because we want you to learn the skills you came to learn.
Tom Laskowski - Founder/Director of MNSI
Glen Monaghan - Air Force Lt. Colonel (retired), and primitive skills instructor
Ray Reitze - Master Maine Guide for 45 years
Dave Middleditch - Hunting Guide and primitive skills instructor
Brad Rockwell - primitive skills enthusiast and instructor
Jerry D. - primitive skills enthusiast, instructor, and Paracord designer for MNSI
Doug Meyer - 27 years of primitive skills research and authentic reproductionist