Survival 101 (6 Day Comprehensive Survival Class)
$347.50 – $1,190.00
“The difference between an “Emergency” and an “Event you can easily Deal with” depends on your degree of preparedness. And the time to prepare is BEFORE that event!
This is the class you want to take if you want to become proficient at survival skills!
Class Length: 6 days (Sunday evening – Saturday afternoon)
Class Size Limit: 15
2022 Class Dates:
June 12-18, 2022
Price: $695 (meals included!)
$595 if you are a graduate of the Weekend Survival 101 Class
$500 if you want to re-take the Survival 101 6 day*
Discounts (only to be applied to full price of class)
1. 1/2 price ($347.50) for someone under 18 attending with adult
2. $50 off for each if you sign up with a friend to class.
* The discounted “Refresher Re-take” price is offered only to those who have previously taken the class and want re-take the class.
Location: Richfield, Ohio Joint Recreation District (10 mile south of Cleveland, Ohio)
In this first class you will have fun while you are learning how to survive in the wilderness without expensive equipment or backpacking gear. We believe the more you know and keep in you head the less you need and have to carry on your back. We use a more “primitive approach” to obtaining the basics of Survival – Shelter, Fire, Water, and Food.
This is not a strenuous class and there will be no extensive hiking or physical exertion to complete this class since we believe you learn nothing new while your hiking long distances. We would rather use that time to teach you a new skill or provide you with some one-on-one instruction.
The Survival 101 class is designed to teach you all of the skills you need to not only survive in the wilderness but actually be comfortably while your doing it. Our Survival 201-401 classes get progressively more demanding as you learn more advanced techniques culminating with the 401 class being a “knife and blanket” only class.
You will learn how to work with Nature rather than fighting or being in competition with it. Survival is not a physical challenge of “You vs Nature”. You would lose every time in that match up. Survival is about living in a cooperative effort between you and the world around you. Much the same way as the Native Americans, Trappers, Mountain men and Pioneers did. It’s all about knowledge. Learning how to improvise and discovering the “little tricks” that make it all come together.
Who attends this class?
This class is designed to teach both the inexperienced person and the moderately experienced person to become a competent, self-reliant survival woodsman or woods-woman (about 40% of our students at this class are women). No prior outdoor experience is necessary to take this first step towards developing a closer relationship with your environment. Most of our students tell us that they have had some camping experience when they were younger while for others this is their first time camping.
What to bring to class?
Bring everything you would normally bring for a week-long camping trip (tent, sleeping bag, ground pad, eating utensils, snacks etc.) and we will supply the rest.
Meals for the Week
All meals will be provided (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and “no”, we will NOT be eating “bugs” (although we will discuss how to eat them if you must know). Unfortunately we cannot cook your meals for your specific diets or allergies. If you do have special dietary needs you will need to bring an alternate meal for yourself during those meals. Below are links to our “typical meals” we have during the class to give you a sense of what we will be having. Please keep in mind we reserve the right to change or modify the final menu for the class. You are welcome to use our kitchen facilities at any time during the week.
Common questions others have asked:
- What will be covered in class? a lot! …click the question for a more detailed answer
- Should my spouse or child attend the class with me? That depends……click the question for more details
- Will there be a flush toilet available for me to use? Yes …click the question for more details
- Will there be a shower available for me to use? Yes but not on site….click the question for more details
- Can I use my cell phone at class? Yes but……click the question for more details
- Other frequently asked questions.. ..click the question for more details
- What will I be eating all week? There will be NO bugs just basic meals like …click the question for more details
Basic Rules of all of our Courses
- No alcohol
- No firearms (we are strong supporters of the 2nd amendment but just not at class)
- No pets
- Be respectful and courteous of others
- Pick up after yourself
WEATHER at CLASS LOCATION