Moonshine Making Class
$50.00 – $85.00
Yes, this class will teach you how to make old-fashion Tennessee Moonshine and yes it is illegal to make old-fashion Tennessee Moonshine to drink, however it in NOT illegal to make alcohol using the same old-fashion Tennessee moonshine making techniques to make gasohol to add to the gasoline for fuel for you car.
With that said, this class will teach you how to make alcohol from several sources like grains (some call this whiskey if they drink it), potatoes (some call this vodka) and molasses (some call this Rum) among other raw sugar containing fruits to make alcohol.
The class will cover…
- the chemistry of turning sugar into alcohol
- what it takes to make a still
- what a “thumper keg”
- what does “bead” mean
- How do you determine “the angel’s share”
- what is “beer”, and no its not whats in those brown bottles you get at the bar
- how to judge “alcohol %” by looking at the bubbles in a Mason jar
- what those 3 “X’s” mean on a Moonshine jug
- what grains go into making a proper “mash”
- when to distill the alcohol
- how to distill
- what “proof” really is
- how to test “proof”
- how to safely operate a still
- what the laws are on making alcohol
- how to age whiskey
- a whole lot more!
When: Saturday May 9, 2020 (9 AM – 1 PM)
Where: MNSI (1721 E. Sprague Rd., Seven Hills, Rd. Seven Hills, Ohio 44131)
Price: $50 (2 for $85)
Note: Revenuers not welcome!
People also ordered:
Moonshine Hip Flasks (MNSI exclusive)