- 2 C filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 T fresh turmeric root, grated
- 1 T fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 lemon slice, 2 additional slices for garnish (optional)
- 1 t to 1 T pure maple syrup (adjust to your sweet preference)
1. In a small saucepan, heat the water, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, cloves, lemon slice, and 1 tsp pure maple syrup over medium heat.
2. Let the ingredients steep for about 10 minutes. Pour the mixture through a strainer to separate the tea from the spices. I strain the mixture into a large measuring cup to make an easy transfer to tea cup.
3. Once your tea is in your cup, give it a taste and add more maple syrup if needed. I like to garnish with a fresh lemon slice.
Makes 2 cups of tea.