- 1 pound fresh peas, shelled
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 t grounded dried sumac
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Shell the peas and add them to the boiling water, reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the olive oil and minced garlic to a large sauté pan or skillet.
- Sauté for about a minute, just until the garlic is translucent but be careful not to burn it.
- Add the cooked peas and toss to coat and warm the peas.
- Season with the sumac, salt, and pepper.
- Serve warm with the crumbled feta cheese on top.