1 cup ripe juniper berries
1 cups Shea Butter (other oils may be substituted such as olive oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, jojoba oil)
1/2 oz. beeswax
40 drops of Juniper Essential oil
- Soak the juniper berries in distilled water for several hours or overnight.
- Lightly crush the berries and place them and oil in the top of a double boiler over low heat.
- Bring the water to a simmer for several minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and strain the juniper berries. Discard the berries and preserve the oil.
- Put the strained juniper berry oil back in the double boiler and put it back on a low heat. Stir in the beeswax and allow it to melt.
- Once all is liquid add the Juniper Essential Oil and immediately proceed to step #6.
- Pour the juniper berry ointment into sterilized airtight jars and allow to set.
Massage the juniper berry ointment as needed into sore joints and muscles.