- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- 1 can of corn – drained (15.25 oz.)
- 1 C “restaurant-style” salsa
- 2 C Mexican Cheese blend
- 1 packet cream cheese
- 1 can black beans – drained and rinsed (15 oz.)
- 2 C Fritos Corn chips
- 1 C sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 C Black Olives
- 1 C shredded lettuce (Hosta, Stinging Nettle or Lamb’s Quarters leaves can be substituted)
- 1 scallion – sliced (optional)
- 1/4 C sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F or build a nice fire with lots of hot coals
- Add 1 T Olive Oil, 1 chopped yellow onion, and the 1 lb. of ground beef to skillet and place over medium heat.
- Continuously mix ingredients while heating ground beef until browned.
- Add taco seasonings, salsa, and crean cheese to skillet and continue to stir.
- Add black beans and corn and continue to stir
- Put entire mixture in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish (or foil pan if making it over hot coals)
- Sprinkle Fritos corn ships on top of mixture
- Sprinkle Mexican Cheese on top of Fritos chips
- Put casserole dish in oven for 10 minutes (or cover foil container with heavy duty foil, place on grate over hot coals and place a few coals on top of the foil top to heat the top to melt the cheese)
- Remove from heat
- Add the 1 C lettuce on top, ther 1 C of sliced cherry tomatoes and the Black olives.