- 1 Quart of light honey (3 pounds)
- Wine Yeast
- 4 C Strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 10 Raisins
- 6 oz of Apple juice
- Make your Yeast Starter by combining yeast with the 6 oz. of apple juice (@ 75oF) and allow to sit for 4 hours.
- Put approximately 1/2 gallon of filtered water into a large stainless steel pot and heat until warm, but not boiling.
- Turn off the heat, add the honey, and stir to dissolve.
- Pour honey water mixture into your primary fermenter and add the strawberries and raisins.
- Stir and allow mixture to cool to 75 F.
- Add your yeast starter and stir vigoriusly to aerate the mixture.
- Cover primary fermentor with a cloth and allow to sit for 6 days stiring daily If you are using yeast nutrients add the first batch now. Typically that would be ½ t Yeast Nutrient and ¼ t Yeast Enerizer repeating on day 2 and day 3.
- On Day 7 transfer the “must” into a 1 gallon jug sealing it with a cork with an airlock in place.
- Leave it undisturbed in a 70-75 F location for 21 day.
- On day 22 rack your wine and allow to sit another 45 days to clear.
- Botltle, label and /or age your Mead.