Sandalwood can be used to rejuvenate the skin or to calm both the mind and body
It has been used for centuries to promote beautiful glowing skin with the following homemade sandalwood face pack which can be used once a week.
1/8 teaspoon sandalwood powder
1/8 teaspoon turmeric powder
½ cup yogurt
1 teaspoon sugar
- First wash your face in warm water using a mild baby soap. Pat dry.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply on face (avoiding the eyes and mouth) and massage for 2 minutes.
- Leave the pack on for 2 to 3 minutes after massaging. Then rinse with cold water.
- Do this treatment before going to bed at night.
How to Use Sandalwood to Calm the Mind and Body
Since sandalwood’s effectiveness in calming the mind can be traced back to hundreds of years ago where it was used during meditation, it’s not surprising to see it being used in the present day to treat anxiety and soothe and calm the mind and body.
If you’re stressed out and are finding it difficult to relax place a warm bowl of water which has 3 drops of sandalwood oil added to it on a table next to where you’re sitting or laying down. Close your eyes and breathe in the fragrance.
Note: Red Sandal Powder is produced from bark of sandal wood and also called ‘Rakta Chandan’ it’s have many useful medicinal properties specially for skin treatment like if person have acne, black spot, oily skin, other skin problem on face then applying this paste or powder on affected area on skin cure skin problem soon.
White Sandalwood is used for treating the common cold, cough, bronchitis, fever, and sore mouth and throat. It is also used to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), liver disease, gallbladder problems, heatstroke, gonorrhea, headache, and conditions of the heart and blood vessels (cardiovascular disease).
How to Makwe Sandalwood Oil
According to PlantCulture.org, sandalwood (Santalum album) is a semi-parasitic, small- to medium-sized evergreen tree highly valued for its aromatic properties. Additionally, the active ingredient in sandalwood, santalols, have antibacterial properties and are smoothing to the skin and hair. For this reason, many cosmetics contain sandalwood extracts, and sandalwood oil can come at a steep price. Luckily, sandalwood oil is relatively inexpensive and cheap to make at home.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour 1 cup of the carrier oil (Olive Oil or Sweet Almond Oil) into a saucepan, and stir in the 1/4 oz.sandalwood powder
- Cover the saucepan and place it in the oven, allowing the sandalwood and oil to cook together for four hours. Check frequently and stir to prevent burning.
- Strain the mixture into a jar using cheesecloth. The oil is ready for use.