“Bug Out Bag” Challenge
Do you have your “Bug Out Bag” ready for that “just in case day,” when you’ll grab it when you need it?
Is it in pristine condition, has it never been used, or is it just sitting in the closet or a corner, collecting dust?
If so, then this weekend class is for YOU!
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE to test your gear and YOURSELF!
Ohio Class: August 12, 13, 14, 2022 @ MNSI Southern Training Camp near Caldwell, Ohio
Maryland Class: October 21, 22, 23, 2022 MNSI Eastern Training Camp
Think about these questions for just a minute:
- Does everything in your bag work as you think it does?
- Do you know how to use everything in your bag?
- Are you missing anything?
- Are there things in your bag that you really don’t need?
If you think you know the answers to these questions now, then prove it . . . not to our instructors, but to yourself!
This three-day class is designed to teach new skills, as well as give you the opportunity to live out of your “bug out bag” for three days, using your equipment and finding out what works, what doesn’t, what’s missing, what you need that you don’t have, and what you can eliminate altogether.
Overview of the Weekend
- First and foremost, there will be NO FIREARMS AT THIS CLASS.
- This class is for you to access your preparedness in a safe and friendly environment. (“Rambo” types need not apply.)
- The main focus of the weekend is for you to set up a base camp using the content of your “bug out bag.” As such, you will be sleeping there, cooking most (but not all) of your meals there, and having that location as your main headquarters.
- This experience will NOT be a game of “Capture the Flag” (student vs. student). However, while you’re at your camp, our instructor may be wandering around, so you’ll want to be vigilant of your surroundings at those times. (Actually, you should always be vigilant of your surroundings (hint- hint)
- There may even be a minor situation or two for you to deal with during the weekend. This will be nothing major, just a minor “glitch” in an otherwise smooth-running camping weekend.
- There will also be instructional sessions on lock picking (intended to be used only to gain access to your own locks), building underground Dakota Fires (for stealth cooking while on the move), and camouflage techniques with practical exercises.
- For dinner on Saturday evening, you will need to “catch it” by either carving a Figure 4 Deadfall Trap (which will get you a chicken leg), a Spring snare using your own cord for the trap (which will get you a chicken breast), or a Piaute trap using reverse wrap cord made from dogbane that we will supply (which will get you a Cornish hen).
- There will also be sessions on the latest, lightest, and low/high-tech equipment that you may want to include in your “bug out bag.”
So bring your equipment, ideas, and latest gadgets to this fun-filled weekend and test your skills to see if you’re as prepared as you think you are!