- Halibut or Cod fish
- 1 Lemon
- 1 C Sugar
- 2 Quart Water
- Lemon pepper and/or Dill seed
- 1/4 Stick Butter
- Cut up fish into 1″chuncks (no smaller).
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cut lemon in 1/2 and squeeze juice into water then throw in the rest of the lemon.
- Gently place the 1″ chunks of fish into the boiling water. The water will stop boiling due to the cold fish and the fish will sink to the bottom of the pot. Do not stir.
- WATCH THE POT. When boiling resumes, the water will foam and can easily boil over and make a mess. Adjust the heat to prevent this.
- When the fish float they are done, scoop then out.
- Sprinkle lemmon pepper and/or dill seed on the fish and serve HOT with melted butter.