White Pickled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1 large empty sterilized glass jar
- 4 cups vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- Put the peeled hard boiled eggs in the large jar.
- Boil the remaining ingredients together for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the eggs in the jar.
- Cover; leave on counter overnight.
- Keeps in refrigerator for weeks.
Red Pickled Eggs
- 1 can red beets (15 ounce)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- Pour the beet juice into a medium-size pot.
- Stir in the brown sugar, vinegar, water, salt, cloves, and the cinnamon stick.
- Place the pot over a medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the beets into the liquid mixture and let it cook for an additional 2 minutes to allow the beets to heat.
- Place the hard cooked eggs (with the shells removed) in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pour the liquid and beets into the container with the eggs.
- Store the container in the refrigerator for approximately 5 days before eating.