- 1/2 C Honey
- 3 T of one of the following: Lemon juice, Orange juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, or other acidic liquid of your choice.
- Fresh grated or powdered dry Ginger (quantity to taste)
- 1 T powdered Sugar or Vitamin C powder (like Emergen-C) or the breakfast drink “Tang”
- Whisk honey with lemon joice (or equivalant) in a medium sauce pan off-heat until thinned into a syrup.
- Add ginger to this syrup.
- Place on medium-high heat and casually stir with spatula. As foam appears around the edges turn the heat off and continue to stir until the foam is incorporated. At this point you will see the honey become creamy and opaque.
- Repeat Step #2 heating the mixtures and turning the heat off when the foam appears then reincorporating the foam into the mixture over and over until the temperature of the mixture reaches the “hard crack stage of 310 F.
- Pour this syrup into cooking spray coated silicon molds and allow to cool for 1 hour.
- If the candies are too sticky roll them in powdered sugar of Vitamin C powder before wrapping in wax paper of candy foils.