- 1 C Carrier oil (Sweet Almond oil works well as does Jojoba and Grapeseed oil)
- 1/2 oz. grated bees wax
- ½ C distilled or spring water
- ⅛ t Borax
- 15 drops Frankincense essential oil (optional)
- 1 t Vitamin E oil
- 1 T Chickweed
- 1 T Comfrey leaves
- 1 T Lavender
- 1 T Plantain leaves
- 1 T Calendula Flowers
- Add plants to the carrier oil and heat to 120 F and hold at this temperature for at least 30 minutes but up as long as 2 hours to obtain maximum extraction of herbal benefits of the plants.*
- Stain out the plant material and add the bees wax. Return to the heat and constantly stir un til all of the bees wax is melted then immediately remove from the heat.
- Add the Vitamin E oil to the oil/bees wax mixture.
- In another pot pour in the water and borax and bring to a boil.
- Combine the 2 mixtures by SLOWLY pouting the water into the oil/bees wax mixture in a VERY THIN STREAM while using a “stick blender” to stir. (A whisk can vbe substituted for the stick blender however the two mixtures often do not fully combine when a whisk is used.
- Continue blending with the stick blender (or whisk) until the mixture cools and appears creamy . At this point it will not separate into the two separate components of oil and water.
- Add the Essential Oil and blend for an additional minute.
- Scoop the cream into individual container and label it with the date and “Healing Hand Cream”
For a complete listing of Carrier oils and their properties “Click HERE”
* An alternative way to extract the medicinal properties of the plants is to place the plant material in a clear glass jar and pour the oil over them. Place a tight fitting lid on the jar and put in in a north facing window for 30 days, shaking the jar to stir its contents at least once per day. After 30 days stain off the oil and proceed with the recipe at Step #2 adding the bees wax and heating the oil to meat the bees wax, then add the Vitamin E oil ect…