Topically, calendula salve can ease, heal, or otherwise treat a huge array of skin conditions this includes: rashes, sunburn, swelling, eczema, acne, stings, wounds, burns, scrapes, chicken pox, cold sores, and even genital herpes sores. The nutrients found in calendula may also slow premature aging and wrinkles, and it will make your skin glow.
One of the prominent Calendula benefits is its ability to reduce scarring when used to treat wounds. The Calendula properties that benefit wound healing apply to the scarring process as well
Simple Calendula Salve
Makes about 5 ounces.
- 4 oz. calendula infused oil
- 1/2 oz. beeswax (about 2 T grated)
- 20 drops Lavender essential oil
Rosemary Oil may be substituted for the Lavender Oil and Chamomile can be added to the infused oil in age spot fading is the purpose of the salve
- Combine beeswax and calendula oil in a double boiler.
- Heat until beeswax has melted and mixture is incorporated.
- Remove from heat.
- Quickly stir in lavender essential oil.
- Pour into containers
- Allow salve to cool completely before placing lids on containers.
- Remember to label with name and date
- Store in a cool, dry place. If stored properly, salves can last 2 to 3 years.